Tuesday, November 7, 2006

I Have Discovered YouTube Music Videos and May Never Watch Television Again.

Here are ten songs from ten of my favorite groups.

* "Car" Built to Spill * sample lyrics: "You get the car, I'll get the night off/ you'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out what it means/ don't let me know what you find out" Doug Martsch is great.
* "Transport Is Arranged" (live) Pavement * sample lyrics: "Sheri, you smell different/ get up early in the morn/ for you morning comes so easy" Go Stockton.
* "Stir It Up" (live) Bob Marley * sample lyrics: "Stir it up, little darling/ Stir it up"
* "Shake Your Rump" Beastie Boys * sample lyrics : "I'm like Sam the Butcher bringing Alice the meat/ like Fred Flinstone driving around with bare feet" Slow and low. that is the tempo.
* "Rid of Me" (live in Sydney) PJ Harvey * sample lyrics : "I'll make you lick my injuries/ I'm gonna twist your head off, see" .
* "Bulls on Parade" Rage Against the Machine * go listen for yourself . Bring this group back.
* "Voodoo Child" (live at Woodstock) Jimi Hendrix * sample lyrics : "I stand up next to a mountain/ chop it down with the edge of my hand" .
* "Loser" Beck * sample lyrics: "i got a couple of couches/ sleep on the loveseat/ someone keeps saying I'm insane to complain about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt"
* "Desire" U2 * sample lyrics : "gonna go where the bright lights and big city meet, with a red guitar on fire". the greatest band ever? alongside the beatles, zeppelin, and the rolling stones.
* "Shut the Door" Fugazi

1 comment:

Lee Herrick said...

No, I haven't seen it yet. I don't have cable, so I don't see many videos...but maybe it's online. I'll look for it.