Saturday, July 16, 2005

Politicians Turn Out to Support Fahm Saeyang's Film "Death of a Shaman"

I was happy to read the article in AsianWeek (read it here about Fahm Saeyang's emotionally packed documentary, "Death of a Shaman."

I think the American documentary is one of the more interesting and powerful art forms currently finding an audience. I've met other documentarians like Morgan Spurlock ("Super Size Me") and Deanna Borshay Liem ("First Person Plural," about a Korean Adoptee's search for birth family) and I have a whole ton of respect for them. When Saeyang's film was first released a few years back, our college hosted her for a screening and Q and A. It's a powerful story, and I am glad to read the film is being received so warmly.

Read about "Death of a Shaman" here.

_________________________________________

What I was listening to as I wrote this blog entry: The Shins, "Oh, Inverted World."

1 comment:

Bryan Thao Worra said...

Actually, a good film to watch in comparison would probably be the Hmong documentary, "The Split Horn." if you can find a copy. It was fairly recently made and covers similar territory in the Hmong community.