Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Congratulations to Ken Chen, Recipient of the 2009 Yale Series of Younger Poets Award

I could not be happier for Ken Chen (pictured, left), who was just named the 2009 recipient of the Yale Series of Younger Poets Award. His book, Juvenilia, will come out soon, and I can't wait for it. I met Ken last year when I read with Kim Sunée and Jennifer Kwon Dobbs at the Asian American Writers' Workshop, where he serves as Executive Director. This could not have happened to a nicer person, and I hope you will all buy the book when it arrives.

Ken Chen is the Executive Director of The Asian American Writers’ Workshop. He is the 2009 recipient of the Yale Series of Younger Poets Award. His work has been published in Best American Essays 2006 and was recently recognized in Best American Essays 2007. He started Satellite: The Berkeley Magazine of News + Culture and also helped found Arts & Letters Daily, a cultural website.

No comments: