Saturday, August 25, 2007

Vespa-life.

I bought a Vespa. It gets around 90 miles to the gallon and is a ton of fun to drive. It tops out at about 45 mph and gives you an entirely new look at the world. Vespa-life is good.

Kenneth Chacon and Mike Maniquiz, two poets whose work I admire a great deal, have agreed to read with me on Sept. 5 for my book publication reading (scroll down), so come check it out!

More readings to announce: October 23 at the Starline in Fresno for a KFCF fundraiser for Katrina/Rita survivors (I'll just read for about ten minutes); November 10 in Modesto at the Mistlin Gallery (moved from October 20; I am the featured poet here); November 11 at the Berkeley Art Museum for the One Way or Another: Asian American Art Now program (I'm part of a panel); Dec. 5 at Evergreen Valley College in San Jose, CA.

Going to see the White Stripes and Cold War Kids in concert next month. 49ers vs. Bengals in December. & starting to plan for our 4 months in Korea and China next spring. For friends who've asked to see a current picture of S, our daughter, feel free to e-mail me for a recent picture. I have some really cute ones of her in Guatemala. I don't post them here.

No comments: