Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Letter from 18 Writers in The Nation


In the latest issue of The Nation, A Letter from 18 Writers speaks to the violence in the Middle East and its effects on Palestine. The writers, three of whom are Nobel Prize recipients, are: John Berger, Noam Chomsky, Harold Pinter, José Saramago, Eduardo Galeano, Arundhati Roy, Naomi Klein, Howard Zinn, Charles Glass, Richard Falk, Gore Vidal, Russell Banks, Thomas Keneally, Chris Abani, Carolyn Forché, Martín Espada, Jessica Hagedorn, and Toni Morrison.

2 comments:

sume said...

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Lee.

I'm a reader of many of the names listed there including Gore Vidal, Arundhati Roy and Noam Chomsky.

Lee Herrick said...

Hi, Sume! I was impressed with the list. I like many of them, too---and I am teaching an essay by Roy ("Come September," from a great book called The Impossible Will Take a While this semester in one of my classes.