Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Top 5 on my iPOD (shuffle)

Sarah Kim asks what 5 songs get the heaviest play on your iPOD* these days. If you are reading this, consider yourself....yep...tagged. Here is my list:

1. Where Is My Mind? Pixies
2. Fuck the Valley Fudge Grandaddy
3. Rebellion (Lies) Arcade Fire
4. "40" U2
5a. The Cigarette Girl from the Future Beauty Pill
5b. Type Slowly Pavement**
___________________________

* Please play along even if you don't have an iPOD. Heavy CD rotation is just as good. Hell, vinyl's good, too (see comments for my 5 vinyl).
** New addition

7 comments:

Lee Herrick said...

Since I mentioned vinyl (I have a modest collection), I am going to list my top 5 records/songs:

1. Crybaby, Janis Joplin (from Pearl)
2. Redemption Song, Bob Marley (from Uprising)
3. Play the Game, Queen (from The Game)
4. Maybe I'm a Fool, Aretha Franklin (from The First 12 Sides)
5. Oh Darling!, The Beatles (from Abbey Road)

WannabeMe said...

Vinyl? Vinyl?

Yeah, Lee is definitely way cooler than me.

Okay, I'll go post my top 5 now....

Lee Herrick said...

Yeah, I love records. I don't know if it makes me cool (or just old!) but I kept some from years ago. I also used to have a big 45 collection..."singles" like "Centerfold" by the J. Geils Band and "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell. I think I sold a lot of them at a garge sale when I was about twelve.

Lyle Daggett said...

1. Joni Mitchell, "Shadows and Light" (the live version, backed up by The Persuasions)
2. Mason Williams, "Classical Gas"
3. Indigo Girls, "Closer to Fine"
4. Taj Mahal, "Take a Giant Step"
5. Pink Martini, "Let's Never Stop Falling in Love"

Lee Herrick said...

lyle,

i love your #3

Hui Jeong said...

just came across your blog. it's pretty interesting. i was wondering if you could do a post on teaching poetry. what do you ask of your students?

oh yeah, here are my top 5:
Foundation by Mos Def
Change it All by Goapele
Oh Darling by the Beatles
Whats going on by Marvin Gaye

Lee Herrick said...

hui jeong,

i love you last two. i almost put "what's going on?" on my list. give me a little while to poost about my teaching of poetry and what i ask of my students. it's a busy week, but i'll try to whip something up soon.