Monday, July 11, 2005

Enjoying Shin Yu Pai's Equivalence

I am reading Shin Yu Pai's Equivalence, her first full length book of poems from La Alameda Press. I am sure drawn to them. Even after a first read, I recommend the book very much. Well worth the money. I'll comment more when I have read them more closely.

I'm also realizing it's hard to keep up with this blog every day...or even every other day, but I'm tryin. This cat sitting my lap doesn't make it any easier.

Next on my reading list-Amy Uyematsu's Stone Bow Prayer.

3 comments:

Shin Yu Pai said...

Thanks for the kind words, Lee!

Lee Herrick said...

Shin Yu,

I am loving Equivalence. It feels so original and wise, and it feels beautiful and familiar. I'm not much of a reviewer, but I plan to write about a couple of the poems soon. Hope all's well.

and thanks for sending it so fast. if i recall, you have a big event coming up...I hope it's going well.

Lee

Bryan Thao Worra said...

Shin Yu's work is definitely worth taking a look at. I hope the audience she deserves finds her!